Pro Track - 5 Axis CNC Ported Lancia Delta HF 16V Cylinder head
The bespoke Lancia Delta HF integrale CNC 5 Axis porting is very precise computer controlled machining procedure. It is possible to calculate the required cross sectional area and machine the port to that dimension every time. We can also maintain consistent size throughout the port. Therefore, each port in the head will be identical and every ported head will be the same. This is a huge contrast to porting each head using grinding and sanding tools by hand.
CNC porting benefits normally aspirated or forced induction engines. There are some classes or forms of racing, which do not allow turbos, making porting a necessity for finding extra power. In a turbo application such as the Lancia Delta HF integrale, the main advantage is torque and hp gains troughout the whole rpm range. The throttle response especially in the transition from aspirated to turbo will be noticable better, especially if used with large turbo application where spool is a issue.
While net flow was what head design was based on for many years and it still has some importance, there are many other important factors we now know we must take into consideration. We must first calculate the cylinder head requirements (power output, RPM range, bore, stroke, etc.) to get the desired cross-sectional area and flow in the port. Based on our previous experience and engine dyno parameter readouts to calculate required flow/air speed in the port. Based on this data the cylinder head is then fixed in the five-axis machine to get all critical locations.
How your Lancia Delta HF integrale 16V will benefit from this CNC head:
- Increased Volumetric Efficiency throughout the whole RPM range
- Balanced flow trough all ports due to the precise machining
- Gains in torque and hp throughout the whole RPM range
- Better i.e. quicker throttle response in all driving conditions
- Better transition from aspirated to turbo operation
CNC machining to "Pro Track" Setup includes:
- Disassembling Cylinder head incl. Digitalization
- Cleaning Cylinder head incl. Ultra Sonic bath
- CNC machining Intake- and Exhaust-Port 16V
- Multiangle high flow Valve Seat cutting
- Cylinder head planarity machining and leak down test
- Golfball dimpling structure 16V in the intake port
- Replacing all valve guides with bronce conical Motorsport Guides
- CNC Machining of the combustion chamber
- Fitting of supplied Camshaft with lower base circle (sold separately)
Average turnaround time is 5 weeks
All work listed is done on customer cylinder head - core charge might apply
See Step "Pro Race" for all upgrades to the current Setup